Wednesday, March 20, 2013

In & Around L.A. Study Guide (4th), Chick Update, Twitter Questions

4th Grade

The In and Around L.A. reading test is this Friday.  Make sure your child brings home their reading text book and Language Arts journal to study!


Today I assigned a 4th quarter book report.  The kids received a sheet describing in detail the components of the report, which is due April 30th. This is not an "in class" assignment.  It must be completed at home.  Students have until March 27th to show me the book they intend to read.  A sheet describing how to choose an appropriate book was also sent home today.  I'll try to post links to these assignment documents when I figure out how to do it!

Chick Update

As you probably heard, the sixth chick born Monday afternoon (some 4th graders got to see it hatch) died Tuesday morning.  It appeared that the chick strained too much to get out of the shell.  The kids were sad, but understood that these things happen.  I turned off the incubator today, so we'll only have five chicks this year.

    The five chicks are growing quickly!

These are the names the kindergartners suggested.

After a lengthy voting process, these are the five names that won (Diamond, Chirpy, Zar, Hope, and Necklace).  

*I've spoken to some parents who have tried to "follow" me on Twitter and weren't sure which account to follow.  I've been a Twitter user for several years and have a "personal" profile page (@sarahradon).  I do not use my personal profile for classroom related updates/information.  Please follow my "teacher" profile page to get blog post updates and other school related information!    


Enjoy the rest of your week!
Mrs. Radon

No comments:

Post a Comment