Monday, March 18, 2013

We've Added 5 Fluffy Members to Our Class!

When I came into the classroom before school this morning, I started prepping for the day as I usually do. After about fifteen minutes, I figured I should check on our eggs. I got quite a shock to see five little chicks toddling around the incubator!









Mrs. Matthews taking the newly hatched chicks out of the incubator.








Three of the chicks in their new home.














M, N, and M looking at the chicks.













A, B, B, and C looking at the chicks.













A, A, M, and J looking at the chicks.










We observed the shells and discussed what we saw: 
  • blood
  • yucky stuff
  • broken shells
  • blood vessels 






It has been an exciting day!  I'll post more pictures in the coming days!












2 comments: